Windsurfer is Back

miotragussv

Usuario activo
Pues parece que en que en algunos paises como Australiase han tomado en serio lo de la windsurfer.

Lo siento pero solo está en inglés, en la dirección de facebook fotos y videos

Just back from the 42nd Windsurfer Class Australian Championships at Toronto on Lake Macquarie, NSW (1.5 hours north of Sydney).

107 registered competitors – 10 course races, funky freestyle, double elimination slalom and a mega marathon – all in four days!

Great racing, fantastic fun vibe with music and commentary and top socials. Youngest competitor 12 years, oldest 72.

Raced on the recently released Windsurfer ‘LT’ – a modern update to the original Windsurfer that hundreds of thousands learnt to sailboard on – the package features a lightweight epoxy hull with enhanced volume driven by a simple but highly tuneable rig.
It delivers good performance whilst supporting inexpensive one design racing, where the emphasis is on skill and tactics rather than equipment.

The fleet was red hot with Olympians and World Champions mixing it with up-and- comers from RSX/Techno as well as some pretty handy weekend warriors. Men’s fleet is divided evenly into 4 weight groups to account for one rig size for all.

No upwind pumping keeps the older crew in it and makes the racing much more even and strategic.

A ‘Cruiser’ division allows returning and novice racers a great option to get on the racetrack with shorter courses.

In 9 months more than 300 LT’s have been sold in Australia and over 1,000 worldwide – with big fleets already in Europe and Asia. The USA is just firing up.

The Class received World Sailing recognition in November (after a 20 year gap) and will host its first official Worlds on Lake Garda late July. More than 200 competitors expected.

In a great move to drive junior participation the Australian Class Association and local distributor announced annual Scholarships to the top performed female and male Youths at the Nationals providing funding for them to attend the Worlds. The years recipients were Hamish Swain and Isabella Grimshaw.

All in all a ripping event and a massive boost for the sport that is finding its way back to its longboard roots after years of eating itself chasing high performance, high wind, and high cost options..

Heaps of photos, drone and video at the Class Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/windsurferclassaus

Je... ¡con lo que me gusta a mí navegar en tabla larga! Y la Windsurfer es incluso más larga que mis dos tablas largas actuales (Starboard Phantom 295 y F2 comer 330).

Me gusta la idea, a ver si también pega fuerte por aquí y me "modernizo"
[ojos] [bonk] [meparto] [windsurfing.gif]

Yo de momento sigo con Raceboards, pero me gusta mucho la windsurfer lt paraun futuro próximo

Salu2

Volver