LIVE LIKE JAY

BOTAVARO

Totalwind Gurú
No os la perdais. Aqui en Madrid solo en 3 o 4 cines.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yo la vi ayer en Alcala de Henares, tb en Heron City y en Xanadu.
Alucino como surfea Leonidas ( el de la peli de 300 ). Y ojo, casi la palma rodando la peli. [sorprendido]

" Asked about his almost tragic surfing accident while shooting “Chasing Mavericks” in Northern California, Gerard obliged with a frank, emotional yet humor-tinged account. The actor candidly shared how his ego surfaced even as he was near-drowning: He thought of the next-day headlines about his death.

“I actually spent the night in a hospital. It was the closest that I ever came to death. It was horrific. I wasn’t even surfing anymore; I was already exhausted. We were trying to get out over the waves and this huge wave came in. It was 200 yards away but the other guys were screaming at me, ‘Paddle, paddle, paddle!’ And I was paddling and, as it got closer, I [feared] I was not going to make it out of the way.

“I went down and stayed down. I was out of breath. I was only one-third of the way through and it kept going. Then another wave came over. And I was still 15 feet down. I didn’t know which way was up or down. I realized my board was gone so there was nothing pulling me up. I was just spinning and it was so horrific.

The next wave

“Then I finally popped up and just as I did, the next wave was coming. This guy on a jet ski was trying to save me. This was a guy who got to me many times when I’d been in trouble. But he couldn’t even get [close]. So with a look [that said], ‘I can’t help you, buddy,’ he turned and left. I went down again for a long time.

“Then I came up and nobody was there. I was going, I can’t believe this is happening to me right now.’ I thought, I am about to become a big f***ing headline: ‘Gerry Butler died while filming a movie.’ Talk about ego. That was what went through my mind while I was underwater. It went past the ‘Oh, that was a little scary’ to ‘This is now a headline.’ Then [a safety patrolman on a jet ski] pulled me and I was being chased by a wave. He must have pulled for about a quarter of a mile to get clear of this wave. I was right at the rocks, which are known as the boneyard. As you can see, it brings up some memories.”

As he said those last three sentences, he was choked with emotion. Despite the close call, Gerard admitted that he continues to surf. “I haven’t been surfing as much as I would,” he said. “I’ll go on a proper surfing holiday because I love it.”

La fui a ver ayer.
Sólo la proyectan en una sala de un multicine de A Coruña.

Bastante recomendable. Hay un 30% de ñonería, pero qué se le va a hacer, no se trata de un documental de surf.

Sólo encontré una cagada destacable: la tabla partida setentera u ochentera que recicla el Jay chavalín... tiene cajas FUTURES!!!
chasing-mavericks-movie-picture-7.jpg

Otro gran descubrimiento por mi parte fue este [fcp]
02-07-This-Means-War-Los-Angeles-Premiere-abigail-spencer-29054447-479-594.jpg

Magnifica pelicula, muy recomendable. Buen viento y olas para todos. ;-)

Volver